THE ŠPIČKA GATE
The monumental Gothic gate known as Špička (Spire) was built from 1348 to 1350 during the reign of Charles IV as part of the new fortification of Vyšehrad and became its prominent feature. Three-storey gate had a form of passable fortress with a gallery and nine spires that gave it its name. It has been demolished in the eighteen eighties to make place for wider road.
The northern part of the gate with the lower parts of both portal arches is still preserved and serves as an information center today.