The Brick Gate was built in 1841 in Empire style as part of the construction of a new road to Tábor through Vyšehrad on initiative of Karel Chotek, governor of Prague. The gate consists of three passages, one for vehicles, two for pedestrians with guardrooms on sides.

At the present day the Brick Gate is used as information center** the starting point of the guided tour The Casemates and the Gorlice Hall and there is a ticket office for these tours.